Table of Contents
Everyday people ask their friends how to unblock someone on Instagram, Instagram is a popular social media platform that needs no introduction. It provides a fun and convenient way of sharing your precious moments, favorite photos and stunning videos with not just your friends, but also with the world. Everyone wants friendly connections in this virtual online society.
Sometimes, followers may be difficult to handle. In such circumstances, you may have to do an impolite act like blocking a follower or someone you follow due to certain personal reasons. Whether it somebody annoying pestering you with spam or a bitter ex-acting plain creepy towards you, you can always block them on Instagram, so you don’t have to deal with them anymore. If you regret the decision to block someone on Instagram somewhere down the line, you can always reverse the action by unblocking him or her.
If you blocked someone out of sheer impulse and you are now clueless on how to unblock on Instagram, you are reading the right article.
Some of The Reasons for Blocking People on Instagram
- A user is no longer your friend due to personal reasons.
- A user is sharing posts that do not go down well with you.
- A user insults you in one way or another.
- You do not want to a user to interact with your Instagram.
So, in a moment of madness, you blocked your best friend on Instagram last night. It’s a new day, and the regrets are kicking in. It dawns on you that last night’s decision was made in haste. You decide to unblock your BFF but have absolutely no idea where to start.
Unblocking someone on this social site might seem easy, but if you’re not aware of the functions of Instagram, you may experience some difficulty. This is because the unblocking option is somehow hidden in the settings. Lucky for you, we have you covered. To make life easier for you, we prepared this comprehensive guide that will tell you everything you need to know about how to unblock on Instagram.
Steps on How to Unblock Someone on Instagram
Unblocking someone on Instagram is an easy task to accomplish if you know where to look. If you have made up your mind to unblock an Instagram follower, here is a guideline on how to do it instantly. Whether you have solved the dispute you had with your mate or decided to give your relationship a second chance; this step-by-step guide will help you reconnect.
- Launch Instagram on your device and log in with your details.
- On the lower right of your Instagram, tap your account settings to see your profile.
- Tap on menu icon button denoted by three tiny dots “…”.
- Next up, you should see the options menu.
- Navigate to locked User’s options. Here you will see a list of users you’ve previously blocked.
- Tap on the username of the person you’d like to unblock and enter his or her profile.
- Click on the blue unblock button.
- Confirm your selection on the popup window that appears by clicking es, I’m sure’ and proceed.
- Another popup will appear confirming that the user has been successfully unblocked.
- Dismiss the popup, and you’re good to go!
What Happens When I Unblock Someone on Instagram?
When you finally unblock someone on Instagram, the restrictions associated with blocking the person being lifted. This means that the person will be able to find you using Instagram search, follow you, send you private messages and see your posts and stories again. It, however, doesn’t mean you’re automatically connected. If you followed each other before, there’s some awkwardness. When you block a user, it removes them from your followers, and you from theirs.
To get that person’s posts and stories on your news feed, you will need to follow them again, and they will receive a notification. Hopefully, they won’t ask any awkward questions like “did you block me?” or “you’re back again?”, but if they do, well, you can re-block them anytime you feel like it.
There you have it; now you know how to unblock someone on Instagram, and you have successfully unblocked that person on Instagram. As you can see, the process of how to unblock on Instagram is smooth and just about instantaneous.